UK-CHINA CULTURE & EDUCATION COOPERATION PROMOTION CENTRE LTD (UCEC) is a British company based in London. With the help of the new cooperative relationship between UK and China in Education, as well as the good policy environment, the company aims to implement a comprehensive promotion strategy to facilitate basic educational exchanges and cooperation between UK and China.
Our mission is to support the exchange and integration of high-quality educational resources between China and the UK, and facilitate the improvement of early years’ education and teacher education in China.
Our partners and platforms:
- UCL Institute Of Education (IOE): Centre for Teacher & Early Years Education
- Beijing Normal University (BNU): the leading university for teacher education and education research in China
- Jingshi Muhua (JSMH): a joint-venture institution offering nation-wide online and offline education training courses, founded by Beijing Normal University and Tsinghua University, based in Beijing
- East China Normal University (ECNU): Basic Education Group, based in Shanghai
- Promoting collaboration and communication between well-known British schools, excellent education groups and Chinese schools and kindergartens to further improve the early years’ education philosophy and quality of Chinese basic education.
- Encouraging UCL IOE, BNU and ECNU to conduct joint research projects for teaching and learning, and deliver training for preschool educators – solving the shortage problem of qualified early years’ educators in China, and improving the quality of preschool teachers.
- Supporting the establishment of ‘Child Development Centres’ in China.